Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Issues with 5.0
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Vealcake

Long story short, I have used Dolphin for a long time with no issues until this week.  I had Windows 7, upgraded to Windows 10 last week to see if I liked it.  5.0 worked on my computer for both Windows 7 and Windows 10.  The other day I decided I didn't like Windows 10 and fresh installed Windows 7 and wiped my hard drive.  

Now Dolphin 5.0 doesn't work on Windows 7.  Any game I play gives me a black screen but I can hear sounds.  I tried default settings and changing settings around to see if something starts to work.  When I uninstall 5.0 and install 4.0.2, everything works perfectly.  I have updated everything including all of my drivers.  DeSmuMe, PCXS2, PPSSPP, VBA all work perfectly.  I am very surprised I am having issues since Dolphin has always been the emulator I have never had issues with.

Here are my specs:

Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 64-bit
Intel Core i7-4770K @ 3.5 GHZ
NVIDIA GeForce GTX780 Ti
16GB RAM

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!   Big Grin
Try resetting settings.

Vealcake

(07-21-2016, 11:05 AM)Craftyawesome Wrote: [ -> ]Try resetting settings.

Which settings? I have tried messing with almost every setting I can think of that might help.

Vealcake

I figured it out. I am using Launchbox to organize all my ROMs and I just had to tell Dolphin where the ROMs are located. Didn't have to do that for other emulators.