Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Run Netplay Command Line
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Jaymod

Is it possible to run the dolphin netplay and to choose a game just with the command line (and to assign the controller etc. pp)?

I'm asking because I have a friend in france and p2p is a bit laggy (we are playing super smash bros with a community patch for netplay) and usually it works great.
We have access to a server in germany and we both have a 30ms ping on the server, I would like to host a game with dolphin on that server and that we both can connect as clients and play.

Is this possible? I googled already....
I don't think it's possible to start netplay from a command line switch currently.
Even if you could start it, and let the sever be a spectator, you most likely won't reduce your latency.

When you have 2 clients, they send the data to each other directly. If you have 3 clients, the data from client 1 is sent to client 3(the server) and from there to client 2. So this would only be better, if the latency from both players added up is lower than the latency from the direct connection.

Jaymod

(07-22-2016, 07:16 AM)mimimi Wrote: [ -> ]Even if you could start it, and let the sever be a spectator, you most likely won't reduce your latency.

When you have 2 clients, they send the data to each other directly. If you have 3 clients, the data from client 1 is sent to client 3(the server) and from there to client 2. So this would only be better, if the latency from both players added up is lower than the latency from the direct connection.

Thx.... Didn't know that...

I tougth the host would act like a server