Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: nsmbwii 30 fps 100% speed?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Frahack

hi there mi pc runs nsmbwii at 30 fps but the game is made for 60 fps so it runs at 50% speed,my question is how i can sat this game to be 30 fps at 100% speed?
You can't.
You can run it at 50 FPS if you have the PAL version. Just disable PAL60 (EuRGB60) mode. It limits PAL games for the Wii to 50 Hz, which is either 50 FPS or 25 FPS depending on the game. PAL games for the GameCube have an option each time when booting the game if you want to run the game in either 50 Hz or 60 Hz mode. NTSC games always run at 60 Hz, so that is either 60 FPS or 30 FPS depending on the game. In the N64 era there were even a few games running at 20 FPS (about 17 FPS in PAL), mostly the N64 Zelda games run that slow.

There is not much else you can do to make games run at a lower framerate, most of the times there is a demand to make the framerate go faster. In case you own Mario Kart Wii you might consider yourself luckly, there was a 30 FPS code discovered recently. Quite unique, it actually allows to run the game at 30 FPS at all times instead of 60 FPS.

$Always 30FPS [Nick Reynolds] - Mario Kart Wii
004250D4 00000002
0029FD69 00000002

But that might be a bit off-topic, there is no such code for New Super Mario Bros. Wii. Why do you actually want NSMBW to run at 30 FPS? Because of the lack of hardware? NSMBW is one of the easiest games to emulate when talking about hardware. In that case, you should really consider upgrading your system.
With a Celeron N2840, you won't be playing anything at full speed in Dolphin, since your CPU can't even handle one of the most lightweight games.

Frahack

(07-20-2016, 08:19 PM)leolam Wrote: [ -> ]With a Celeron N2840, you won't be playing anything at full speed in Dolphin, since your CPU can't even handle one of the most lightweight games.

but nsmbwii and super mario sunshine are playable Tongue ,i don't know how but now it(nsmbwii) runs 60 fps,maybe because i,ve set d3d instead of opengl

Frahack

(07-20-2016, 07:28 PM)Admentus Wrote: [ -> ]You can run it at 50 FPS if you have the PAL version. Just disable PAL60 (EuRGB60) mode. It limits PAL games for the Wii to 50 Hz, which is either 50 FPS or 25 FPS depending on the game. PAL games for the GameCube have an option each time when booting the game if you want to run the game in either 50 Hz or 60 Hz mode. NTSC games always run at 60 Hz, so that is either 60 FPS or 30 FPS depending on the game. In the N64 era there were even a few games running at 20 FPS (about 17 FPS in PAL), mostly the N64 Zelda games run that slow.

There is not much else you can do to make games run at a lower framerate, most of the times there is a demand to make the framerate go faster. In case you own Mario Kart Wii you might consider yourself luckly, there was a 30 FPS code discovered recently. Quite unique, it actually allows to run the game at 30 FPS at all times instead of 60 FPS.

$Always 30FPS [Nick Reynolds] - Mario Kart Wii
004250D4 00000002
0029FD69 00000002

But that might be a bit off-topic, there is no such code for New Super Mario Bros. Wii. Why do you actually want NSMBW to run at 30 FPS? Because of the lack of hardware? NSMBW is one of the easiest games to emulate when talking about hardware. In that case, you should really consider upgrading your system.

thanks for the reply,i wanted(but now no more,i've solved)to set 30 fps as 100% because my poor system could receive 30 fps max,regarding to pc:i know i have to change computer but the computer i want costs a lot...
Better start saving up, your computer won't do you much good. This is Dolphin! And Dolphin demands raw power! Sorry, but there is not much we can do to help you. Dolphin can only get you so far until you need a stronger PC. If you decided to buy a new PC, just stick to an Intel CPU (i5 or i7) and a NVidia GPU, a GTX 1060 for example (which just got released in the last few days) should be future proof for a while. While older NVidia cards such as the GTX 660 or GTX 750 will work fine too, they may get a bit too old to be future proof.
Perhaps you had vsync enabled? Well, at least it handled NSMBW fineā€¦
Which resolution do you actually run NSMBW at? Forgot to mention that. Try running at an 1x Internal Native Resolution (640x528). I suppose all other settings are untoched? You can hover your mouse above an option to check it's recommended state. I suppose you use HLE audio? And make sure the CPU Clock Override is disabled... Well... You might try to lower it? Try using perhaps 80%?

Basically what CPU Clock Override does is changing the power of the CPU to be emulated. Setting the value above 100% requires more of your CPU strength but may fix lag in some games (most noticable the N64 Zelda games). In reverse (below 100%) requires less of your CPU strength, but may cause games to run slower. Some games might still work normally. I guess that NSMBW might still run at fullspeed? I never tried that actually. As said, this game is not that demanding. Don't try that option for more demanding games through...

V-Sync should not cause any issues for NSMBW as far I am aware? I do know some games that do... *Looks at Xenoblade Chronicles*. Mostly I use V-Sync as a FPS cap for games, Nintendo consoles already limits games to 50 or 60 Hz.