Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin doesn't recognize controls
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi.

So here i am, trying to play some Skyward Sword. But when i open the game and the "don't knock anything down while swinging your wiimote" screen comes up, no matter how much i hammer down on my keyboard/mouse/xbox controller, it doesn't skip it. And then i get greeted, with a "communication with wii remote have been interrupted". I have been tinkering in the controller settings a bunch, and the software recognizes my keyboard, mouse and xbox controller. Yet when i open it up, nothing. Peculiar.

(07-20-2016, 06:55 AM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not sure why it acts like that, but you need a real Wii Remote with MotionPlus and a Nunchuk to play Skyward Sword anyway.
(07-21-2016, 12:39 AM)UltraBrite Wrote: [ -> ]If that's the case, i'm gonna need a new emulator.

Edit: I just realized i told off a dev on how bad the emulator is. Didn't mean to sound so harsh. The emulator is fantastic, just kind of bummed out i can't use an xbox controller. Don't hate me ;_;
I'm not sure why it acts like that, but you need a real Wii Remote with MotionPlus and a Nunchuk to play Skyward Sword anyway.
(07-20-2016, 06:55 AM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not sure why it acts like that, but you need a real Wii Remote with MotionPlus and a Nunchuk to play Skyward Sword anyway.

If that's the case, i'm gonna need a new emulator.
(07-21-2016, 12:39 AM)UltraBrite Wrote: [ -> ]If that's the case, i'm gonna need a new emulator.

There's no other emulator that can play commercial games with the same performance/accuracy than Dolphin, or even boot them at all.

Also, if you don't have a Wiimote and a Motion Plus, and you don't know it needs Motion Plus, I wonder how you got the game in the first place…
(07-21-2016, 01:33 AM)leolam Wrote: [ -> ]There's no other emulator that can play commercial games with the same performance/accuracy than Dolphin, or even boot them at all.

Also, if you don't have a Wiimote and a Motion Plus, and you don't know it needs Motion Plus, I wonder how you got the game in the first place…

My friend owns the game and the console, and i got the game from her. I'm aware how the mechanics utilize the wiimote and such, but if the console can't emulate the swinging of the wiimote with motion plus to the mouse or the xbox controller, then it's really kind of a bummer. I guess i'll just ask to borrow the damn console.
Maybe borrow the Wiimote and M+ instead, so you can enjoy Skyward Sword in HD? Wink
(07-21-2016, 02:07 AM)leolam Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe borrow the Wiimote and M+ instead, so you can enjoy Skyward Sword in HD? Wink

I suppose. It does really bum me out that for some reason i can't use an xbox controller on the one game i wanted to emulate, even though it would have been kind of silly to use the right stick to replace the swinging of the wiimote. I know dolphin is the best and most stable wii emulator out there, but still, this is kind of a strange issue, given that there are options for emulating the wiimote. While we are on the subject, why is it exactly that it doesn't work on this one specific game? Is it because it requires motion plus? Or is it just because of the nature of the controls in the game itself?
The technical reason is that Dolphin doesn't support emulated MotionPlus. This game would also be very complicated to play with anything other than real MotionPlus, which is one reason that implementing emulated MotionPlus hasn't been a priority.
(07-21-2016, 08:19 AM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]The technical reason is that Dolphin doesn't support emulated MotionPlus. This game would also be very complicated to play with anything other than real MotionPlus, which is one reason that implementing emulated MotionPlus hasn't been a priority.

Oh okay, interesting. I suppose that makes a lot of sense. Do you think this is going to be anything you plan on implementing in the future, after all the major things have been fixed and added?

Also, thanks for clearing this out and answering my questions, i have been battling with this more than i care to admit. Rolleyes
Problem is, there are so many axis to map, that it just becomes illogical.
Pages: 1 2