Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: The Sims 2- GCN shower FPS drop
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

ecvr30

Hi, when I play The sims 2 on Dolphin i get a serious frame drop when a sim is on the toilet or taking a shower due to the pixel effect they have on them. Im playing on a 2011 Macbook Pro with 8 GB of RAM on Dolphin 5.0. Anyone have the solution to this problem? Thanks
(07-19-2016, 04:35 AM)ecvr30 Wrote: [ -> ]2011 Macbook Pro
That's probably your issue, it's a not-so-new machine not really built for gaming, and with awful GPU drivers.

What internal resolution are you playing at? Does it still slow down at 1x IR?

ecvr30

(07-19-2016, 05:41 AM)leolam Wrote: [ -> ]That's probably your issue, it's a not-so-new machine not really built for gaming, and with awful GPU drivers.

What internal resolution are you playing at? Does it still slow down at 1x IR?

I was running it on Auto, but now I've put it ion 1.5x native, lets see. But even when i was running it on auto, the game ran smoothly, it just slowed down when the pixelated effect was in use.
That effect is more demanding than your computer can handle. That's all there is to it. I wish I had a better answer. Even my computer (Core i5-3570K) struggles. You can disable it outright by checking "Skip EFB Access to CPU."