Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Wind Waker save states after upgrading
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

wasik

I've upgraded to windows 10 and installed Dolphin 5 and after i tried to play Zelda Wind Waker i cannot load my save states because of newer version.

So i've tried it with the older version on which i made them (i still have it) and it's also doesn't work. It gives me the same message that the save state were made on 4.0 8860 version but i checked in the options and i have exactly the same version. Is my save states just incompatible with every version of Dolphin?

Another question is about the first Rogue Squadron, with the Dolphin 5.0 to play that game should i change something in the options? Because i don't feel much difference between this version and the version i used before.
Savestates aren't reliable ways to save. Some games will break on them, sometimes they'll break on their own, many games will break real saving this way, and we constantly break compatibility with new versions of Dolphin.

Load 8860 and make a normal save. If it actually saves correctly, you will be able to load the memcard save in 5.0

memcard save compatibility hasn't broken in my memory.
(07-17-2016, 12:58 AM)Helios Wrote: [ -> ]Load 8860 and make a normal save. If it actually saves correctly, you will be able to load the memcard save in 5.0

And how is that supposed to work when Dolphin says 4.0-8860 is the wrong version even though it says the savestate was made on 4.0-8860?
Oh, I misread what they said.

Whelp, guess your savestates are busted.