Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Twilight Princess HD Textures (Wii U Version)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi everyone!

I'm sharing with you the texture import I made. I dumped all the textures from Twilight Princess HD (WiiU) and adapted them for Dolphin (NGC & Wii).

This project is almost 100% completed. There are only some textures that you'd be awesomely lucky to find that are yet to be adapted.
(I'm working on it, but I won't be uploading updates every now and then, I'll upload the completed project once everthing is in order)
Here are some screenshots:

Before/After

Spoiler:
More Screenshot :

Spoiler:
I've been working on this for a few weeks now, don't hesitate to support me on paypal (you don't NEED to, obviously).

Well then, have fun playing with Link in HD!

I strongly advice that you consider using some of the following cheats for an enhanced experience:

WideScreen 16/9 :
044558DC 3FE38E39

No Bloom:
04009650 4E800020

No Bloom with Epona:
0418137C 48000048

No letter box on cutscenes:
04163224 38800000

No notification with rupies:
0415D220 48000010

Don't forget to activate the aniostropic filter (x16) for a better rendering (those of you who are familiar with HD textures will understand).

DOWNLOADS:
By "adapted" do you mean these textures are virtually the same as the Wii U version, just made to work with Dolphin's HD texture functionality? Or did you do your own creative take using the Wii U textures as a base to make something new?

Essentially copy+pasting the textures from the Wii U version is not permitted here. Those Wii U textures are the copyrighted material of Nintendo, and sharing those cannot happen without their permission. In that case, we would not allow that project on our forums.
Okay... Didn't know :/ Sorry but it is indeed the Wii U version. Well, it's a shame, would have been useful for lot of people I guess...
Anyway ^^ could you please delete the thread then?
Thanks!
You can just edit your post by removing the download link and telling people how to rip their own textures from their own copy of TP on the WiiU
Yes, as long as the link is removed, something like a video on how to extract the textures yourself is okay.
Link removed.
There are tutorials for the several steps to do this on Google, sorry but I'm not going to write one here.
Already spent a lot of time adapting the texture, which people WILL have to do if they can figure out how to dump their own. Wanted to spare everyone the trouble of having to waste so much time on something that could be share. Thanks Nintendo!
How did you extract the textures of the Wii U game? Did you dump them with Cemu?

If it has to be done the same way as dumping textures with Dolphin, each user doing this will be a huge amount of work (and they will also have to dump the GC/Wii textures to see the texture names and content, unless they use another texture pack as a guide). Even if someone made a script to convert the names of the Wii U textures, the work of dumping them is still there.

PS: I'm a bit sad that I didn't catch the download link on time :p.
Sad that you couldn't download a license violating pack?

Yeah man. Same.
(07-16-2016, 06:33 AM)Helios Wrote: [ -> ]Sad that you couldn't download a license violating pack?

Yeah man. Same.

It would be like taking money bills from the floor that a thief is throwing from the top of the bank building. Not my fault that these bills ended on the street, mr policeman! xD

Anyway, I said it in a joke manner, see the ":p" at the end of the sentence Smile.
Yea it is sad, but it is fair. It is a waste of "creative" work. On one side, the porter spent many weeks dedicating himself making a better experience for Twlight Princess on the GC. That is certainly creative. On the other hand, it remains "stealing" licensed work. I suppose it is still stealing, but from what I heard, it were not his intentions to do so, so I am pretty glad this could be solved in a calm manner.

Well... Luckely Dan Ladner returned, and there is the most awesome Twlight Princess HD project made by Hamasaki and his team. Of course, we could always support the WiiU version itself. I wonder what MattieuLink could do to still release his work without any repercussions. One way would be to make a guide on how to dump the textures and convert them by yourself. The other way around would be to create self-made images, or as Shonumi stated:

(07-16-2016, 02:42 AM)Shonumi Wrote: [ -> ]Or did you do your own creative take using the Wii U textures as a base to make something new?

Nintendo is awesome, but they lack bringing forth the most epic qualities for older games. I mean... Super Mario 64, come on! Do we really need a HD texture pack, Widescreen and Extended Draw Distance codes to have the most ultimate experience? Could Nintendo not just release a remaster for the WiiU itself. Super Mario 64 DS just sucks because it is on a handheld device with a digital control pad, for crying out loud. What about Ocarina of Time 3DS, why couldn't it come to the console instead! Their games are really epic, but they just lack common sense sometimes to remaster their most epic games as intended. Well... That is why we have a community for emulators (1080p and nothing less!), texture packs and AR codes. It is like modders trying to fix Bethesda games. I am glad Nintendo remastered Wind Waker and Twilight Princess for the WiiU, but still... Twilight Princess HD still lacks cool additions such as double enemy health which the GC/Wii version can achieve through AR/Gecko codes.

Ok, I am done with complaining about Nintendo. Back to work again. By the way... I seem to have earned my fourth poster star with this post?
Pages: 1 2