Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: "Unable to resolve write address" Error Message 5.0
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

NoBear

So I just downloaded and tried out Dolphin 5.0, but once i run a game it gives me a black screen and shows the error "Unable to resolve write address" followed by a different number sequence each time. Older versions and i have tried the newer development versions and still get the same error.
What game are you trying to play?

NoBear

Super smash brothers melee
Please check the ISO's MD5. (Right-click on the game in Dolphin > Properties > Info > Compute)

NoBear

So i did check the MD5 Checksum and it matches 1.2 NTSC version on ssbmwiki (0e63d4223b01d9aba596259dc155a174) , is that right?
If that's the MD5 that Dolphin shows, then yes, you have a correct dump of the game.

If you have any cheats turned on, please turn them off.

NoBear

So that does fix it, is there anyway around this because I use dolphin for Netplay and most people use the Netplay community settings cheat.
Have "Enable Cheats" turned on in the regular config. Go to the game properties for Melee and turn every cheat off, then turn on the netplay community settings cheat only. I'm guessing there's some other cheat turned on that's messing things up.