Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Old Gamecube Tech Demo won't load.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Spexfox

I know this isn't exactly a forum for piracy, but I dunno if a prototype tech demo really counts as piracy. If it does, feel free to delete the thread.

The problem is when I try to load the disc image (.gcm) Dolphin doesn't consider it a valid disc. I know the image works on real hardware through AC Loader 1.4 and I've seen it done in video, so it's not a question of if the demo is too old to work anymore. I just can't quite figure out why Dolphin refuses to recognize or load it.

It's the proper size of a Gamecube disc when compared to my Twilight Princess image so what is it that AC Loader 1.4 does that Dolphin doesn't? Keep in mind I'm not entirely sure what AC Loader is or how to use it since Googleing all over for it hasn't turned up much details other then what games load with it.

I'm also willing to do some tweaking to the Dolphin code from the SVN if it comes to that but I was wondering if there was any other possible solutions first.

And if it's alright to do so, I'll upload the disc image somewhere for others to check out and try to see what's up.

UPDATE:

Here's a youtube video of the demo itself running in automatic mode. There's also a manual mode that lets you go about the castle yourself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-WxpmydJouc
write 0xc2339f3d to offset 0x1c of the disc.
Dolphin won't support these discs unaltered, as they are very hard to tell apart from just garbage data (they have no proper header)

Spexfox

(10-09-2009, 04:47 PM)shuffle2 Wrote: [ -> ]write 0xc2339f3d to offset 0x1c of the disc.
Dolphin won't support these discs unaltered, as they are very hard to tell apart from just garbage data (they have no proper header)

Either I'm doing this wrong or it's not having an effect. Which hex editor do you tend to use for this? I'm using Hexplorer and pasting your value as a hex number at the offset you mentioned.
you're doing it wrong.
see picture.
(writing 0x45 to 0x3 means the disc is ntsc)

Spexfox

(10-09-2009, 05:26 PM)shuffle2 Wrote: [ -> ]you're doing it wrong.
see picture.
(writing 0x45 to 0x3 means the disc is ntsc)

Ahh, now I see. For some reason I was putting the value in the completely wrong offset. Works like a charm now (well the floor flickers a little but still) =) Thanks a lot. I'll keep this trick in mind if something happens again.