Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin Version 5 Win.32
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

AquaAtia

My friend is using windows 32 and we were wondering is there any workaround for him to get version 5 while using windows 32. He tried installing the 64 bit one but just wouldn't complete installation.
No. Dolphin doesn't support 32-bit operating systems at all anymore.

EDIT: Well, you can make a custom generic build without a JIT if you're able to build Dolphin on your own, but I'm guessing you would prefer something that's faster than 1 FPS.

AquaAtia

(07-14-2016, 07:26 AM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]No. Dolphin doesn't support 32-bit operating systems at all anymore.

EDIT: Well, you can make a custom generic build without a JIT if you're able to build Dolphin on your own, but I'm guessing you would prefer something that's faster than 1 FPS.

I was thinking about making a custom generic build as I've done it before but yeah, performance wouldn't be the best. It's a shame Windows 32x isn't supported anymore as quite a bit of people still have it but I guess it won't be a problem anymore in the coming years when more people upgrade. Thanks for your response!
Well, anything that does not support 64 bits is likely not fast enough for Dolphin, anyway.

And if it does support 64 bits, why not use a 64 bits OS in the first place? Wink
(legacy system? if so, again, it's probably too old to be fast enough.)
There's no reason to use a 32-bit OS nowadays. Almost all PC hardware sold since 2004 does support 64-bit and you're just trowing performance away by keeping a 32-bit OS. Even on the mobile side, I dare to say all Android devices released in 2015 (be it a low or high end device) also comes with a 64-bit SoC and the same with Apple which uses 64-bit platform since its iPhone 5S (and that's a phone from 2013). In other words, upgrade your OS if you want to use Dolphin. 32-bit support was dropped for a bunch of reasons and definitely isn't coming back (just like async audio on DSP HLE).
Also a Windows key is good for activating both 32-bit and 64-bit OSs, so money is also not an issue.