Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Strange issue - GPU related?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

DMNBT

First, my specs:
-HP EliteBook 8560w
-Windows 10 Pro x64
-Intel Core i7-2860QM @ 2.50GHz
-Nvidia Quadro 2000M
-Kingston 8GB RAM
-Using Dolphin 5.0

So now to the issue: I'm having severe slowdown on NFS Undercover on very specific areas (DX11) or on the highways (OGL). I'm running the game at 2x Native and at 720p full screen, and most of the time the game runs smoothly at 60FPS, but on DX11 there's some specific areas of the city (and oddly enough some only while I'm in a race) that drop the FPS to single digits; using OGL solves those FPS drops, but now the highways run slow at 30 FPS. Using Open Hardware Monitor I see huge spikes in GPU usage during the drops on DX11, but no abnormal behavior on OGL. Could this be because my GPU isn't exactly common for gaming?

EDIT: After some tinkering, I can get the slowdown to 30 FPS, posting an image of a place where I'm getting slowdown:
[Image: th_DolphinIssue_zpss3wg4xan.png]
As long as I'm in that spot, the FPS halves to 30. Also showing Open Hardware Monitor to the side.
Do you have vsync enabled? If so, disable it because it can cause issues like the FPS being at half the normal value (30 fps).

DMNBT

(07-14-2016, 10:00 PM)leolam Wrote: [ -> ]Do you have vsync enabled? If so, disable it because it can cause issues like the FPS being at half the normal value (30 fps).

No, I don't have V-sync enabled.