Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Help with Texture Pack, Dolphin 5, PAL with Zelda Twillight Princess
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Newbe

Hey guys,
please bear with me, I did quite some research on this topic, but I still have problems wrapping my head around this.

So I really would love to enjoy the enhanced graphics which dolphin 5.0 is able to offer. So I have my european PAL Version of TP. I downloaded the 3,6GB Version (EDIT I am talking here of the texture pack), I have the dolphin 5.0 release installed on my system and everything works flawlessly so far. Now I really would love to install a good texture pack for this zelda version using dolphin 5.0.

Things start getting confusing here, since texture packs I downloaded so far also have an own dolphin version, which does not seem to be uptodate (I had an ishiiruka version) and is also preconfigured for the US version of Zelda. Also I couldnt save the Dolphin settings inside Dolphin and had to reset them always.

What I am asking for is a clear hint on how to do things with the current release of Dolphin 5.0.

Should I try to get a texture pack only having the textures, should I use such a preconfigured extra dolphin version? I am confused Huh Angel

Thx for your help in advance
(07-09-2016, 09:14 PM)Newbe Wrote: [ -> ]So I have my european PAL Version of TP I downloaded the 3,6GB Version

Downloading...

Newbe

(07-09-2016, 09:46 PM)Ivybridge11 Wrote: [ -> ]Downloading...

I downloaded the texture pack. I wrote it a bit confusing. The texture pack is about 3,6gb big.
(07-09-2016, 09:50 PM)Newbe Wrote: [ -> ]I downloaded the texture pack. I wrote it a bit confusing. The texture pack is about 3,6gb big.

Ok, good. Well, the texture pack should work fine on the latest version anyway. Is this other version of Dolphin named anything?

Newbe

(07-09-2016, 09:52 PM)Ivybridge11 Wrote: [ -> ]Ok, good. Well, the texture pack should work fine on the latest version anyway. Is this other version of Dolphin named anything?

Well things are a bit confusing. Since I can see quite a lot of files which use the code for the NTSC Version as far as I understand (GZ2E01), but it would be quite bothersome to edit all the files to the PAL version.

The Dolphin Version in the texture pack is named "TPHDv1.0.2 (NGC)". I also have the Game Cube version, so this fits at least.

I downloaded the tomoya HD pack, but i cant find the page anymore where I got it from. I also did find a insane slug texture pack. Things are quite confusing to me here, which pack is best to use with which version of dolphin and how to actually install it for the PAL version.
(07-09-2016, 10:03 PM)Newbe Wrote: [ -> ]Well things are a bit confusing. Since I can see quite a lot of files which use the code for the NTSC Version as far as I understand (GZ2E01), but it would be quite bothersome to edit all the files to the PAL version.

The Dolphin Version in the texture pack is named "TPHDv1.0.2 (NGC)". I also have the Game Cube version, so this fits at least.

I downloaded the tomoya HD pack, but i cant find the page anymore where I got it from. I also did find a insane slug texture pack. Things are quite confusing to me here, which pack is best to use with which version of dolphin and how to actually install it for the PAL version.

Hmm... From what I'm aware they just need to be in a folder with the right game ID,but I haven't used that feature too much...
I'm no expert, but Ivybridge is right according to my experience (I've used it to rename the GameCube version of one pack to the Wii version). I think one reason texture artists tend to include Ishiiruka is because it can do bump maps for the textures, but the artists sometimes also include a customized version because it includes their own shading and master effect files, as well (one of mine even includes image files not related to the textures).
You can use the version you like the most, you just need to make a small change in the texture folder name, just copy the folder to your Dolphin Emulator/Load/Textures folder and rename the folder deleting the last 2 leters for the game with that you will get a 3 ters folder that is region free and will work with with all b the versions. In that way you will be able to use it on 5.0 or ishiiruka using your global config. If you whant to try the included just do the same procedure but inside the user folder included in the pack and it will work woth your dump.