Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: I can't play Inazuma Eleven Strikers in Netplay
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

zBandit

Hello everyone, i tried many times to play "Inazuma eleven Strikers" in netplay with a my friend, i know that for play in netplay i must use controllers but when i configure it, it doesn't work in the game. I know many people who played that game with the controller in dolphin too but i don't know why, with me it doesn't work please help me.
I cannot understand your issue. If it is a Wii game without support for GameCube controllers, then it won't work on netplay.
(07-10-2016, 12:04 PM)DolphinGCWii Wrote: [ -> ]I don't think controller is the main problem because i can play any game with any controller. I played Super Paper Mario using PS2 controller.

What JMC means is that Dolphin's netplay does not handle Wii games unless those Wii games supported the GC controller on the original hardware. That is to say, a game like New Super Mario Bros. is technically incompatible with Dolphin's netplay, because on the original hardware, it only supported Wiimotes. Dolphin can't handle netplay with Wiimotes. Basically, if you want to netplay in Dolphin with Wii games you need to use a game from this list.
(07-13-2016, 08:05 PM)DolphinGCWii Wrote: [ -> ]So this game's not for virtual console but for Wii. So GC controller won't work.

There are also some games for Wii (not Virtual Console) that support GameCube controllers, but this isn't one of them.
(07-13-2016, 08:32 PM)DolphinGCWii Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, one of them is New Super Mario Bros. Super Smash Bros.

I'm going to assume you meant Super Smash Bros. Brawl, because Super Smash Bros. is in fact a Virtual Console game.
Could also be Super Smash Brothers. Melee... Ya never know... But GameCube Controllers work fine with Virtual Console games, right? I always use the GameCube Controller port for VC games. When were are talking Wii games, it is mostly Mario Kart Wii and Super Smash Brothers. Brawl that support the GameCube Controller. Should there be any more Wii games with GameCube Controller support? Games such as Xenoblade Chronicles and The Last Story just uses the Classic Controller instead, must be the lack of additional buttons on the GC Controller. Ohh yea, I guess virtual console compilation discs such as Super Mario All-Stars? New Super Mario Bros. Wii definitely does not support a GC controller.

I guess that all virtual console games are thus supported through Netplay? Never tried that actually, but as far as I know they must be compatible with most control schemes (Classic, GC, Wiimote for NES/SNES).