Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Issue with netplay 5.0
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

bobthej

I seem to have a problem in Dolphin 5.0 on netplay regarding Connecting and Hosting. When I hit either of these buttons the window seems to freeze for a few seconds but no window pops up for either even to tell me that I have failed to connect.

I can successfully host and connect with 4.0 as well as 5.0 on my laptop (also windows 10 but lacking on the power of my desktop) so I don't believe I am having a problem with my network configuration.

Things I've tried:
-disabling firewall/ router firewall
-clean install of 5.0

Additional note: After mashing the connect button for a while I have successfully connected once to one of my friends lobbies but I have not been able to replicate these results (still no failure to connect window ever pops up only a "a netplay window is already open" warning if I mash the button).

Also I can connect to server games (but cannot host), rather than direct connect, after a few attempts but I cannot seem to do anything with direct connect.

As for specs I am on a relatively new install of windows 10 x64
Intel I7 6700k
16gb corsair
Nvidia GTX 1080

Thanks for any ideas on anything to try!
Let me know if there's any other information needed.

bobthej

Still haven't figured out anything yet. Can connect to traversal server but still can't host or connect to regular direct connect.

Anyone experiencing similar issues?