Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: dolphin 5.0 fps down at 0.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
hi people!
i downloaded dolp v5.0 and run perfect! so much beatifull from another versions.
i play eternal darkness perfect, mario galaxy.no lag no downs etc!

but when i play call of duty 3, in opengl or dX the game locks every 5-10 secnds.
i applied the "cpu overrided" from 50%-100% but the same...

**from this, the emulator started to hang in all games.... Sad
i have uninstalled, reinstalled, delete the config in documents, etc etc but no changes!!!

any games in native ress, slow all etc etc lags every 15 seconds.... fps drops from 30 at 1 in those cases. etc.
this is the video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VETvR07wnB0

my specs
amd fx 8120 4,2ghz
10gb ddr3
amd 7950
antec 750w
etc.

I love this emulator, but this left me puzzled.
ty so much guys!

EDIT!!! amazing, when disable "enable dual core" all games runs perfect, whyyy???? (when disable core#1/8 runs at 70% , the rest of cores in 0% / 15%)
apreciates the help!
AMD CPU's have problems with Dolphin anyway.. i know myself, ran a Phenom II 2 weeks a go until i went intel.
(07-04-2016, 11:08 PM)HeX4 Wrote: [ -> ]AMD CPU's have problems with Dolphin anyway.. i know myself, ran a Phenom II 2 weeks a go until i went intel.

ok ty hex! all my life have amd , off course i know these cpu have problem with alllllll emu's xD
but is sooo strange .
Why not just play it on PC ? Those call of duty games are insanely demanding games , I'm not even sure it can be playable on top of the line PC
The PC version can be played on a potato PC
Those games are all 30FPS games if I remember correctly and used to be incompatible with Dolphin (not boot or too many graphic glitches to be playable)
Keep in mind that Dolphin is an emulator , not a real console . What you're doing now is the same as running game on a VMware software that is emulated by PC !
COD 3 is only on consoles...
I don't know much about FPS game but it also has PC version as written in wiki
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Call_of_Du...ck_Ops_III
That is Black Ops 3, also a PS4 / XONE title.
yeah, im not retarded, cod 3mw 1000000 best in pc ,black ops 3 is in pc. much better than ps4,,,

sincy im lost here.... i have disabled dual core for "eternal darkness" but the game keep locks/lag Sad
the first day when i installed dolphin run 101% , but now 60%...... i dont think the problem has amd, is the emulator...
pcsx2 run fine some games, never happened this.,
I used to have A10 6790k @ 5.0GHz (Piledriver) , it's only as fast as my Pentium Haswell G3258 3.2GHz stock speed . Your CPU is based on the worst AMD architecture Bulldozer . So you shouldn't expect it to run every single game at full speed
Furthermore , your OS is also outdated . If you want 60% improvement in speed then you should upgrade to Windows 10 x64 . Dx12 is much faster than DX11 and OpenGL , you can still upgrade to Windows 10 for free atm . Your HD 7950 supports DX12 .
Btw , AMD turbo core doesn't work with Dolphin and it only make you suffer in emulation . I suggest you should disable it in bios if you haven't done it already
(07-05-2016, 02:25 AM)admin89 Wrote: [ -> ]I used to have A10 6790k @ 5.0GHz (Piledriver) , it's only as fast as my Pentium Haswell G3258 3.2GHz stock speed . Your CPU is based on the worst AMD architecture Bulldozer . So you shouldn't expect it to run every single game at full speed
Furthermore , your OS is also outdated . If you want 60% improvement in speed then you should upgrade to Windows 10 x64  . Dx12 is much faster than DX11 and OpenGL , you can still upgrade to Windows 10 for free atm . Your HD 7950 supports DX12 .
Btw , AMD turbo core doesn't work with Dolphin and it only make you suffer in emulation . I suggest you should disable it in bios if you haven't done it already

yeah, ty so much, im have zambezi not bulldozer.
and yeah , turbo are disabled, when i oc at 4.2ghz.
greettings!
Pages: 1 2