Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Zelda : Oot and ps3 controller
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

bichon5960

Hi there,

First, I apologize if i'm not posting on the right forum, but I can't post on the Gamecube one...
Here is my problem : I'm unable to play properly Ocarina Of Time on Dolphin with my ps3 controller : Everything works well except the fact that the "yellow" buttons don't work : I can't move the camera around me or answer to Navi when she is calling... Does anybody have the same problem or have a solution to fix it ?
My controller seems to be properly configured in Dolphin, here is the .ini config file :

[Profile]
Device = SDL/0/Xbox Gamepad (userspace driver)
Buttons/A = `Button 0`
Buttons/B = `Button 2`
Buttons/X = `Button 3`
Buttons/Y = `Button 1`
Buttons/Z = `Button 5`
Buttons/Start = `Button 7`
Main Stick/Radius = 55,000000
Main Stick/Dead Zone = 27,000002
Main Stick/Up = `Axis 1-`
Main Stick/Down = `Axis 1+`
Main Stick/Left = `Axis 0-`
Main Stick/Right = `Axis 0-+`
Main Stick/Modifier = `Button 9`
Main Stick/Modifier/Range = 50,000000
C-Stick/Radius = 45,000000
C-Stick/Up = `Axis 3-`
C-Stick/Down = `Axis 3+`
C-Stick/Left = `Axis 2-`
C-Stick/Right = `Axis 2+`
C-Stick/Modifier = `Button 10`
C-Stick/Modifier/Range = 50,000000
Triggers/L = `Axis 5-+`
Triggers/R = `Axis 4+`
Rumble/Motor/Range = 17,000000
D-Pad/Up = `Hat 0 N`
D-Pad/Down = `Hat 0 S`
D-Pad/Left = `Hat 0 W`
D-Pad/Right = `Hat 0 E`

I'm running Dolphin on Linux Ubuntu x64 and the ps3 controller works properly with others games.
I did some research before posting but did'nt find any answers to my problem.

Thanks for your help !
Try updating to Dolphin 5.0. We don't support anything older than that on these forums.

As for your PS3 controller, the reason it messes up is probably something to do with SDL handling input. I know for a fact that SDL 1.2 struggled at one point DS3 input. There's an issue about it for PPSSPP as well (looks like it's a combination of something wrong with the kernel module in Linux too).

Anyway, Dolphin 5.0 doesn't use SDL for input anymore. It grabs input straight from /dev/input (evdev).