Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: How does the gtx 1080 perform with dolphin emu at 4k res?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Switched to 4k tv from 1080p tv and was wondering how the gtx 1080 performs. Just because its new doesnt mean major performance gains. And i want to be sure it can handle 4k.
It will murder everything (in dolphin).
Dolphin isn't that demanding on GPU, there's a bunch of old cards which can already reach 4k at constant speeds without issues on Dolphin, I don't see why a GTX 1080 wouldn't too...
Dude....a 970 can run the majority of dolphin games (yes even mario galaxy) at 4k. The only time you need to worry about gpu performance at 4k is if your using ishiiruka with intensive post processing effects like ssao and dof on. In that case you can max out your gpu performance 100% XD
I've made a video showcasing this a while back, but I may do another one with my new texture pack soon if anyone is interested.
4K's limiting factor in many games would be EFB2RAM GPU stalling, and in that case, it's simply not a GPU issue.
It should perform well. Nothing to worry about
As I have it..

It runs beastly!

The numbers from MSI afterburner are

Temp © - GPU Usage - Fan Speed

[Image: R6dw3DB.jpg]
Switch to D3D12 or OpenGL, they'll be even faster...
Yeah. You're throwing away free perf and accuracy by not using OpenGL on nvidia.
(07-07-2016, 09:33 AM)Helios Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah. You're throwing away free perf and accuracy by not using OpenGL on nvidia.

Thought I read on the 5.0 update that D3D11 (or 12) was faster then OpenGL due to overhead?
Pages: 1 2