Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Grayscale textures when using Dump Textures
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

redblueyellow

When using "Dump Textures" on certain games, the resulting images are grayscale and do not have the correct palettes shown on screen. The game I am currently trying is Soul Calibur 2, although I have seen it happen with another game and found a previous thread with similar issues. (SD Gundam G Generation World)

Another example
(Disney Think Fast)

Based on the linked threads, the textures supposedly are paletted.

Is there a known way to dump these type of textures with their correct palettes as shown on screen?

Screenshot:
Also, my PC Specs if needed:

Operating System:                Windows
Processor/CPU:                        Intel -3-3120M CPU @ 2.50GHz
Memory/RAM:                        4.00 GB
Dolphin Revision Currently Using: 5.0

My previous version of Dolphin was 4.0.2, and I had a similar situation.

EDIT: I decided against posting this in the Soul Calibur 2 thread as I feel this is not a game-specific issue, nor one that involves playback. If there is a better place that my question would go, I will delete this thread and post in the correct spot.
I don't think you can give them color. The main reason for dumping textures is to increase resolution/quality, and grayscale is correct for the game.
You can just used cropped screenshots, correct?
This is correct - those grayscale textures are how the game loads them, the game applies color to grayscale textures. There's nothing more to do.