Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: NVidia Jetson TK1 FPS issues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

sponreel

Hello, bosses multiplex!

My friend and I have been having fps issues running games on Dolphin on the NVidia Jetson TK1, i.e. Mario Kart Double Dash is running at 8 fps at native resolution, and Super Smash Brothers Melee doesn't load. We are running Linux4Tegra R21.4 on our Jetson with the Grinch kernel, and we managed to install Dolphin using an edited version of your CMake script such that only a few libraries we thought were non-critical (MINIUPNPC, MBEDTLS, CURL, GTest) weren't found on our system and were pulled from your Externals libraries.

So, with Dolphin installed, we tried loading Mario Kart 64 and initially only got 3 fps at native resolution. Enabling all the optimizations on your wiki page increased our MK64 fps to about 8, and we are still unable to run Super Smash Brothers Melee.

We noticed, however, that running a game in Dolphin on the Jetson shows that version OpenGL version 4.0 is being run, although listing installed versions on our system yields versions 4.3 and 4.4. I noticed in your demo of Luigi's mansion (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTI8IcCQXvo, 5 seconds) that you had a bunch of settings enabled (Half, Thumb, FastMult, etc.) enabled, and the second line of yellow text listed what I assume to be OpenGL as version 4.4.0.

So my questions to you are:
1) What Linux4Tegra (L4T) kernel were you running?
2) What version of Dolphin were you running?
3) Did you perform any instructions to get the Jetson working? If so, could you please share them with us?

I would really appreciate any help you could give, as we are really eager to get this working!

P.S. we'd be happy to share the CMakeLists.txt we mangled to get Dolphin at least launching from our Jetson. Also, sorry, I didn't know what sub-forum this would really be applicable to.

Thanks!
Do the latest dev builds work (from the download page)
They can't work. The Jetson TK1 doesn't support 64bit. I'm sorry, we've dropped 32bit support, both on the desktop and on ARM CPUs.

Feel free to compile a generic version with only the interpreter, but don't expect a good performance Wink

There is also the way to start maintaing the ARMv7 JIT, but it's very broken right now. So the first week would be required to get it running at all :/ If you want to go this way, just ping me on IRC: #dolphin-dev @freenode