Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Star Wars Rogue Squadron II - Memory Card Issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

TheMostGood

I just installed Dolphin and I am using Star Wars Rogue Squadron II. I open the ROM and it loads up without issue. I see the copyright page then it gives me an error: Memory Card Slot A: This Memory Card is formatted for use in a different territory.

I am using the USA version of the game. Dolphin creates a MemoryCardA.USA file when I load up this game. I have selected it under Tools -> Memory Card Manager. This loads something in the field. I notice that if I hit close and go back into the Memory Card Manager, it is no longer selected. It doesn't seem to be keeping my selection of the memory card.

I have tried deleting the memory card and it recreates it but still doesn't "keep" the selection. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the Dolphin program. I have given myself all the permissions in both folders. I have loaded the program as admin.

Nothing works. This is the only game I have tried so far. Are some of the games just not responsive like this, or am I doing something wrong? Huh

EDIT: With the help of Craftyawesome, I have fixed my issue by continuing on past the "Memory Card Slot A: This Memory Card is formatted for use in a different territory." It seems that the first use requires you to format the memory card and this can only be done with a game running. Once the game has formatted the "memory card" it runs without a problem. My games save, or at least my profile has saved.
I think you let the game reformat it? You can always try gci folder.

TheMostGood

(06-29-2016, 10:59 AM)Craftyawesome Wrote: [ -> ]I think you let the game reformat it? You can always try gci folder.

There is nothing in my GCI folder.

I see what you are saying. I must have the game format and fix the card for it to be used. I hit a button and it got past that screen. Yea that did it. The game is loading and I got to the main screen. Awesome.