Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Unable to load savestate after update
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

BoesZu

Dear Dolphin Forum,

I think I updated some of my programs today, Dolphin Emulator included.
My system is Ubuntu 15.10 and when I startet the game and press the shortcut to load any of my savestate, the following message appaers:

"Unable to load: Can't load state from other versions!
The savestate was created using Dolphin 5.0-RC-34"

Regarding to my synaptic package manager, I have now dolphin-emu_5.0+r1~20~ubuntu.
Does anyone have a hint for me?

Thanks a lot, by the way I see that there is still a similar topic, but think It's not exactly my problem.
It's exactly as it said: you cannot use savestates interchangeably between versions. You'll need to grab that specific version, load up your savestate and make an in-game save which you can load in any version.
(06-29-2016, 04:49 AM)BoesZu Wrote: [ -> ]Dear Dolphin Forum,

I think I updated some of my programs today, Dolphin Emulator included.
My system is Ubuntu 15.10 and when I startet the game and press the shortcut to load any of my savestate, the following message appaers:

"Unable to load: Can't load state from other versions!
The savestate was created using Dolphin 5.0-RC-34"

Regarding to my synaptic package manager, I have now dolphin-emu_5.0+r1~20~ubuntu.
Does anyone have a hint for me?

Thanks a lot, by the way I see that there is still a similar topic, but think It's not exactly my problem.

Unfortunately, that's the problem with using savestates. They're not meant for long term saving to my knowledge, as they are often incompatible between versions. The only thing I can say would be to try to roll back to the previous version of dolphin, save normally, update and then load that normal save.

Edit - Beaten to it while writing.
That's simply how savestates work. If you want to load them, you need to re-install the older version. This is one of the reasons that I don't recommend using savestates without also saving normally.