Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Blank screen when loading a game using DirectX 11 on the development builds
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is anyone else having this issue? Any game I load with DirectX 11 on the last few development builds just brings up a blank screen. It won't even let me close Dolphin when it happens, I have to manually close it. Loading games with DX11 on the stable Dolphin 5.0 works fine, so idk why it isn't working on the development builds.
Working perfectly fine on the recent dev builds for me
(06-28-2016, 11:51 AM)Iggin Wrote: [ -> ]Is anyone else having this issue? Any game I load with DirectX 11 on the last few development builds just brings up a blank screen. It won't even let me close Dolphin when it happens, I have to manually close it. Loading games with DX11 on the stable Dolphin 5.0 works fine, so idk why it isn't working on the development builds.

Seems like the same issue I have encountered. Have You tried any Gamecube games? On my setup Gamecube games works fine, but all Wii games freezes on a black screen using D3D backend.
(06-28-2016, 02:29 PM)Medard22 Wrote: [ -> ]Seems like the same issue I have encountered. Have You tried any Gamecube games? On my setup Gamecube games works fine, but all Wii games freezes on a black screen using D3D backend.

Tried out Melee, it does work. So its probably just an issue with Dolphin right now.
Something with bounding box was fixed recently d3d. Retry latest dev?
Tried it on the latest dev build, Wii games freeze upon startup in D3D fullscreen. D3D windowed and Gamecube games work fine.
set Fullscreen to false (window mode) it works in Direct3D 11 and then you can Alt + Enter
I also have had this problem but it seems to be random, I can play wii or gc games without any problem... Most of the time. But every now and then I get the black screen and I have to actually power off my pc, can't even get task manager to display to end the program. No other method will close dolphin. As mentioned already switching off full screen and then using alt-enter works for now, but in an arcade cab it's a bit of a pain Smile

I'm gonna try the latest dev build tonight and see if that changes anything. (Currently using 5.0)
Sorry for the old bump, but I signed up just to say I'm having this problem too.

Dolphin 5.0 launches fullscreen Wii games with the DX11 backend just find, I just installed the latest stable version to double check after reading this thread, but the development versions (5.0-129, 5.0-466) I was running blank out and crash when I try to load. Alt+enter works fine to fullscreen if launched windowed initially.

This isn't a big deal to me, as OGL works fine, but it took me a bit to realise why Dolphin was crashing on me when I was trying to test streaming it.