Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: I can't run smooth with good config
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

vickiller1

Hello guys, I need help :/

2 months ago I bought a new laptop. its config is:

- Intel Core i7-4720HQ, 2.6GHz up to 3.5 GHz

- Nvidia GTX 960m 2GB

- 8 GB RAM

- 1 TB HDD 5200 rpm

However, i cant play properly. I'm trying to use 1080p Resolution, 2x Native, 16x Anisotropic with a few hacks and i can't get 60fps stabilized

With this config im supposed to play decently, right ?

Games used were Mario Galaxy 2, Mario kart Wii and DKC Returns.

( I Updated my drivers)
Use the performance guide
https://dolphin-emu.org/docs/faq/#my-lap...-it-should
You can also use Intel XTU to OC your CPU to 3.6GHz if your cooling unit is good enough
Your GPU should be able to handle 3xIR or even 4xIR
post your settings please. That "Few hacks" concerned me and makes me think you enabled something slower.

Also, if it's consistent slowness, then yeah. You probably have something misconfigured in your OS. if it's periodic dips that last for like a second, that's shader compilation and will go away after awhile.

vickiller1

(06-28-2016, 01:03 PM)Helios Wrote: [ -> ]post your settings please. That "Few hacks" concerned me and makes me think you enabled something slower.

Also, if it's consistent slowness, then yeah. You probably have something misconfigured in your OS. if it's periodic dips that last for like a second, that's shader compilation and will go away after awhile.

Well, i'm using OpenGL, 1920x1080, 3x Native IR, no AA, no Anisotropic, EFB copy, Ignore format changes, External Frame Buffer deactivated and Dual Core hack (only hack activated. Before, i was using "speedup disc transfer rates" as well, but i dunno if its good.)

I tried to play Mario Galaxy 2 with that config above and my fps was 55, 52 unstable (sometimes 60).

I really dont know why

vickiller1

(06-28-2016, 12:13 PM)admin89 Wrote: [ -> ]Use the performance guide
https://dolphin-emu.org/docs/faq/#my-lap...-it-should
You can also use Intel XTU to OC your CPU to 3.6GHz if your cooling unit is good enough
Your GPU should be able to handle 3xIR or even 4xIR

Yes, I Tried this section too

ThrottleStop helped me to improve my fps, but is not enough.

As I said before, I tried to play Mario Galaxy 2 using 3x IR, no AA, no Anisotropic, and my fps wasnt 60 stable :/

However, at least when I play 2x IR (720p), even with no anisotropic, I can get 60 fps almost 100% of the time.

But what concerns me is the fact that, with this laptop, i may play with 3x IR (or more) with AA, filtering and a lot of improvements Sad

The HDD speed is relevant ? Maybe a SSD could help
(06-28-2016, 03:30 PM)vickiller1 Wrote: [ -> ]Before, i was using "speedup disc transfer rates" as well, but i dunno if its good.

When it comes to performance, that can only hurt, not help.

(06-28-2016, 03:44 PM)vickiller1 Wrote: [ -> ]The HDD speed is relevant ? Maybe a SSD could help

Not really, unless you have Speed Up Disc Transfer Rate enabled.