Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin doesnt work yet
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

gl3nnium

HI guys.
I only just discovered Dolphin. Seemed like a great idea and id had really good experiences with Project 64 in the past so i thought id try it. Unfortunately I guess its not quite there with the software. I tried two pcs running windows 10 64. One was a regular laptop with Dolphin set to minimum and the other was a gaming rig that while its not top of the line any more is still okay with games like the COD modern warfares and Black-ops etc.

Dolphin had issues on both. No rom would run trouble free. Music slow and stuttering, game play in slow motion and jerky (star wars rogue squadron), virtually all cutscene intros suffering strange audio breakup and slowing down.

Thats a real shame. There no real reason why an emulator for a 14 year old console (game cube) should be so system intensive and problematic but i guess that the emulation process is not a simple one.

I appreciate you guys trying. If it had of worked it would have been awesome.
I tried an earlier build too (3.5) and it was worse.

I will try the next build whenever it comes out as it seems 5.0 just did not work for me on two separate pcs with different configurations. For the gaming rig I was just running standard nvidia geforce gpu...keep trying though fellas..when it works trouble free ill totally try it in the future.
Dolphin probably has less problems than any n64 emulator. Can you specify your Intel CPU and clock speed? (Settings, system, about, processor)
(06-28-2016, 07:50 AM)gl3nnium Wrote: [ -> ]Dolphin had issues on both. No rom would run trouble free. Music slow and stuttering, game play in slow motion and jerky (star wars rogue squadron), virtually all cutscene intros suffering strange audio breakup and slowing down.

That simply sounds like it's not able to run at full speed.

(06-28-2016, 07:50 AM)gl3nnium Wrote: [ -> ]Thats a real shame. There no real reason why an emulator for a 14 year old console (game cube) should be so system intensive and problematic but i guess that the emulation process is not a simple one.

There are real reasons that you can't expect to emulate a GameCube as well as you can run games that are designed for PCs. Besides, the Rogue Squadron games are some of the most demanding games ever to play in Dolphin.