Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin 5.0 won't start on my Mac!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

smickers

Hello!
I just downloaded Dolphin 5.0 on my Macbook Air (super excited to reconnect with my old GameCube games Big Grin ), and when I tried to open it I got and error message saying: "The selected language is not supported by your system. Falling back to system default." Once I close it, a window pops up telling me "Dolphin quit unexpectedly" and a long report full of coding gabble I don't understand (don't judge me, I'm only human) Sad

I tried restarting my laptop, getting the latest system update, uninstalling and installing the emulator again... and nothing. I had an earlier version last year which I uninstalled due to productivity issues that worked just fine with Wii and GameCube games (can't pass college classes when I have Wind Waker on my laptop) and I was wondering if maaaaybe there was an off-chance this had to do with that?

What can I do in this case? Should I just get an earlier version instead of the newest one? Help please!!! Huh

Thanks! Heart
There's a problem that makes Dolphin 5.0 not work on OS X 10.9. For now, either use a slightly older version of Dolphin (please not anything as old as the 4.0 stable release), or upgrade your operating system.

smickers

(06-28-2016, 05:04 AM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]There's a problem that makes Dolphin 5.0 not work on OS X 10.9. For now, either use a slightly older version of Dolphin (please not anything as old as the 4.0 stable release), or upgrade your operating system.

Thank you so much! I'll give that a try Big Grin