Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Make IR jump center if not moved in X time. HOW??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Zazuradia

The fact is that i'm using a Steam Controller and it's gyroscope for IR aiming. It works pretty well but i always have to have the controller in certain position because the input is constant. Also after a while the controller seems to start losing it's "north" and i end up playing almost sideways after 5 minutes.

I don't remember when it was, but i remember playing with quite the same config and controller with the only difference that the pointer jumped to the center of the screen again after keeping it still for like 3-5 seconds. This was so SO useful to me because everytime i changed how i'm sitting, or everytime i see the pointer off a bit i just stopped moving it and it mapped that position as "center". This comes in super handy specially in games like Mario Galaxy, where you make a pretty heavy use of the pointer.

I've been trying to look for a solution, in forums, in all about config, and i can't seem to make progress. Also, for some reason, when i map mouse X/Y axes to IR input the pointer jumps back to center after every movement, but i don't need that. I need help with this so i can make it work perfectly. Smile

Also, as a feature request, i would love to be able to manually set when the inputs do these kind of different actions of jumping to center, like instantly after a movement, never, X time being still, with a button...

Thanks. Heart
Yes please.