Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin 5 is very fast
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I recently installed Dolphin 5 on my base model 2014 Mac Mini and holy crap I was so happy. My computer would run Galaxy at 40fps and now with the same settings, I get a full 60fps. My computer is too slow to go higher than 1.5x on less demanding games but Twilight Princess is so much fun on PC. This is with OpenGL because Mac doesn't use DirectX and Intel graphics are bad with OpenGL. I don't know what they did but it worked well. Definitely faster. I have seen a lot of people having issues with it but it worked perfectly for me. If you were one of the people wishing your PC could run Dolphin at playable frame rates well than Happy Early or Late Birthday.
If you have any more performance problems, you can always dual boot windows and have better Intel drivers that can work with DirectX 11.
(06-27-2016, 12:37 PM)Helios Wrote: [ -> ]If you have any more performance problems, you can always dual boot windows and have better Intel drivers that can work with DirectX 11.

That is always an option but I have a laptop that is slower and I can't wait to see if I get playable frame rates finally on there.