Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Help directx12 GTX 560
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

moonyagami666

Hello everybody I just upgraded to windows 10 in order to use dx12, but when I use DX12 render, dolphin crashes with this message:
"failed to initialize direct3d. Make sure your video card supports direct3d 12 and your drivers are up-to-date." (I just updated my drivers and restarted the pc)

It's quite annoying because I don't know what to do, and I really want to test out this render thou is in experimental estate.

In addition, when I open gpu-z the dx version is 12 (11_0)
In dxdiag it looks like I have dx 11.3
Cpu-z also shows Im using dx12

Is there any way to fix this?

I know mi pc hardware is quite old, but at least in the nvidia page seems like the gtx 560 is officialy supported with dx12
Nvidia hasn't actually gotten around to supporting D3D12 on the 5xx series cards yet from what I know.
yeah. nvidia's website is lying a bit.
Only maxwell (GTX 750 , GTX 750 ti , GT 900 series ) and the later Pascal fully support Dx12
Kepler (GTX 600 series , GTX 770 , GTX 780) also works but it's stuck at DX11.1 level
Fermi (GTX 400 , GTX 500 series ) does not support DX12 at all . Even if Nvidia made it work , it would still be stuck at DX11 level which means no improvement at all
[Image: xc8ecr7tlgu870e6g.jpg]
I tried on my GT 540M with latest driver ....

moonyagami666

Thank you all for the information, I was afraid to read that Sad anyways I was specting to buy a new graphics card by the end of the year. DX12 will have to wait until then.