Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance - Playtest - Dolphin Emulator Ver: 5.0
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I went to play "Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance" again after hearing that a new version of Dolphin, the GBC/Wii emulator got released. I was hoping to not see any issues and I was pretty impressed when I first started playing. Textures now render almost perfectly, the audio is flawless and it's running smoother than ever, which is great! Though, there still are some issues. (Lines on characters portraits and speech boxes, minor FPS drops and weird lines in cutscenes, little white-screens right before fight scenes start..)

Complaining aside, this update is flipping awesome, no doubt about that.

But as I said, I still experienced some minor issues and wanted to ask if they might have something to do with my PC or anything else. Can someone suggest settings that I should use for this game? I've had a look at the FAQ and didn't really find any tips, I also googled and watched some forums. Nope, didn't really find any information that wasn't outdated. So I thought I might sign up for this forum and ask myself.

My PC is running an i7-6700 @ 3.40 GHz, GTX 960 @ 4GB and 16 GB of RAM (8x2). More details are on my profile, I guess. Doesn't get much more detailed than that, though. I'm not all that much into building PC's. Game's running smooth and everything and I'm very happy, even if it ran nicely before the update. :P

Here's some gameplay footage of the first tutorial chapter: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7LhFasK6cU

Note that I'm by no means a professional YouTuber and that I only do make videos for my personal enjoyment without really putting much effort into them at all. I'm just curious and wish to maybe attract some people I can fanboy/fangirl together about certain franchises and their releases! :P Footage should be 720p, I don't think that more is needed for this game.

Uh, so.. all tips are appreciated and I hope that I haven't violated any rules whatsoever, as this is my first post on this forum. I'd also like to use this oppurtunity to thank the developers of the emulator since it really helps living through childhood memories again. :) I also hope that everybody else appreciates it as much as I do. If I made any mistakes writing this text, then don't blame me for it, I'm not a native English speaker, so I guess it's only natural that there's some grammatical and spelling errors, trying to make it look as good as possible, though! :P
The wiki says to disable Force Texture Filtering to get rid of odd lines.
(06-27-2016, 07:29 AM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]The wiki says to disable Force Texture Filtering to get rid of odd lines.

Haven't enabled it. I have almost every setting on default.
The problem was with the anti-aliasing or whatever it's called.. I've solved it by now. Thanks for your.. help. ^^