Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: I know you can change internal resolution, how about external?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I enjoy setting games to run at a higher resolution than my monitor can display in order to get cool super high res screenshots, my question is is there any way to do this in Dolphin? under Dolphin.ini I found a "Fullscreen Resolution" setting set to "auto" would I just change this to, say, "5120x2880"?

Thanks!
That isn't what full screen does, however using a very high internal resolution and SSAA will do what you want.
(06-26-2016, 11:15 PM)ExtremeDude2 Wrote: [ -> ]That isn't what full screen does, however using a very high internal resolution and SSAA will do what you want.

Increasing the internal resolution won't increase the resolution of screenshots.
(06-26-2016, 11:25 PM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]Increasing the internal resolution won't increase the resolution of screenshots.

That's true, I was thinking more about AA than anything.
If you use an nVIDIA GPU, go into your 3D properties tab in nVIDIA control panel and turn on DSR, tick all DSR factors and apply, put your desktop to 4K (if a 1080P screen)
Play in actual 4K, take screenshots, revert to 1080P on desktop, wallah 4k screens, ez brah.
Example.

[Image: w8qLaE3.jpg]
(06-27-2016, 02:10 AM)HeX4 Wrote: [ -> ]If you use an nVIDIA GPU, go into your 3D properties tab in nVIDIA control panel and turn on DSR, tick all DSR factors and apply, put your desktop to 4K (if a 1080P screen)
Play in actual 4K, take screenshots, revert to 1080P on desktop, wallah 4k screens, ez brah.

This works, Thanks!