Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin 5 GC game crash on start up
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

ogalex

just downloaded and installed dolphin 5.0 and on the first time running a game it works great but after ending emulation and trying to open the game again dolphin crashes and has done this with every game i have tried please help.

-emulator is on default settings from fresh install
Just to help diagnose the issue, if you delete the Cache folder in the Dolphin Emulator folder in Documents, does every game start working once again?

ogalex

(06-26-2016, 04:37 AM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]Just to help diagnose the issue, if you delete the Cache folder in the Dolphin Emulator folder in Documents, does every game start working once again?

clearing cache lets the games start up again however they still only work once and requires the cache to be cleared again after
running this on a dell 15r 5537 laptop with windows 7 64 bit and i7, still when the games are running they run far superior to previous versions of dolphin

updating this post again, i only deleted the contents inside the cache folder, when i deleted the cache folder itself all the games run fine again and again. thanks a bunch!