Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Unable to load savestates
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

kpratanak

Having problem loading savestates.
The program indicate that the save state was created using dolphing v 4.0-9507, same as the dolphin emulator trying to load it.
It also mentioned some issue with the DSP engine
I'm not allowed to upload the savestate
Thanks
Is the version of Dolphin you're trying to load it with different from the version you created it with?

If so, that happens a lot. Savestates will very often break from version to version. Don't use them as a primary form of saving.

kpratanak

(06-25-2016, 01:32 PM)Helios Wrote: [ -> ]Is the version of Dolphin you're trying to load it with different from the version you created it with?

If so, that happens a lot. Savestates will very often break from version to version. Don't use them as a primary form of saving.

No, they're both the same version, 4.0-9507
Then it's possible it got corrupted. This can happen. Savestates are known to be unreliable.
Did you change the DSP backend that you were using? If that's the error it was throwing, you may want to check that....

kpratanak

(06-25-2016, 02:46 PM)KHg8m3r Wrote: [ -> ]Did you change the DSP backend that you were using? If that's the error it was throwing, you may want to check that....

I did not. Though , i accidentally launched the DSPTool.

the_SRize

(06-25-2016, 02:10 PM)Helios Wrote: [ -> ]Then it's possible it got corrupted. This can happen. Savestates are known to be unreliable.

I'm having the same problem as kpratanak, however my save state file still works on my old computer. One day, it suddenly stopped working on this one and now matter what version I try (including the versions stated in the error to use) the save doesn't load, which concludes that my save isn't corrupted.