Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dance Mat Question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
While doing some reading about GameCube peripherals, I noticed that there were two dance mats: a four arrow "Action Pad" used originally for DDR: Mario Mix, and an eight arrow "Beat Pad" used originally for MC Groovz Dance Craze.

Dolphin only has one "Dance Mat" in the controller settings. Which is being emulated and does it matter?

(and as a minor question, why isn't the Hori Game Boy Player Controller input emulated? I know that Dolphin doesn't have Game Boy Player support, but the controller is still usable in certain games.)
(06-25-2016, 08:22 AM)Fallcrest Wrote: [ -> ](and as a minor question, why isn't the Hori Game Boy Player Controller input emulated? I know that Dolphin doesn't have Game Boy Player support, but the controller is still usable in certain games.)

That is the exact same as GC controller afaik minus some stuff.
(06-25-2016, 08:31 AM)ExtremeDude2 Wrote: [ -> ]That is the exact same as GC controller afaik minus some stuff.

Well, it lacks the analog sticks and pressure sensitive shoulder buttons, but has a select button for Game Boy games. Despite lacking analog functionality, some GC games still work properly with it. Feature completeness is always worth it for someone as nutty as I am. Even for something so minor.
(06-25-2016, 08:38 AM)Fallcrest Wrote: [ -> ]Well, it lacks the analog sticks and pressure sensitive shoulder buttons, but has a select button for Game Boy games.

It is the exact same as the x/y button, not to mention as you said dophin can't even play GB games.
(06-25-2016, 08:22 AM)Fallcrest Wrote: [ -> ]Dolphin only has one "Dance Mat" in the controller settings. Which is being emulated and does it matter?

The emulated dance mat is the one that works for Active Life / Family Trainer:

[Image: vx3hHLS.jpg]