Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Is silent Hill fixed yet?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I was just wondering with all these optimizations in 5.0, will silent hill finally be playable with the flashlight on?
Give it a shot.
It's still unplayably slow as far as I know.
Silent Hill needs something very specific to ever work quickly in Dolphin. It's one of those things that most optimizations won't really help.
So will this be fixed before Dolphin 6.0?
(06-28-2016, 06:31 AM)drhycodan Wrote: [ -> ]So will this be fixed before Dolphin 6.0?

Who knows, that is a long way off.
It'd take a really experienced developer who really gives a damn about Silent Hill Shattered Memories and really wants it to run well and is willing to spend a lot of time. I'm guessing it'll happen eventually.
Is anyone currently in the works of fixing this? I'd really love the SH games and if I know how to program, I'd be willing to try to fix this.
There's nothing to fix, it requires a huge overhaul to how Dolphin works to make it run fast enough to be playable. I wouldn't expect it to be improved for years unless a single dev becomes hell bent on optimizing it; and even then it may not be possible without locking, which is again a huge feature that would require a ton of work.
But I remember it being playable before 4.0. Is there any way to revert only silent hill?
Pages: 1 2 3 4