Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: OGL and D3D9 - pro & con
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
[color=#0000CD]Main facts:[/color]
+
D3D9=Works faster and compatible with all gfx cards.
OGL=Less graphics errors and lots of options for each game.

-
D3D9=Lots of gfx errors and you need to be always updating your DirectX version.
OGL=Slow for some games

[color=#0000CD]Games checkout: [/color]
The legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (GC)
The game works better with D3D9 plugin. Full speed in most areas when OGL plugin only has 20 fps for. Disable all hack from games config.
Plugin: D3D9
WD: 60
Other: Disable all options from DSP plugin. Leave the first only checked.

Mario Kart Wii (Wii)
Other game with a big difference from the two plugins. D3D9 works very fast but with multiplescreen/framebuffer? issues.OGL works good though you need a decent cpu. Also with OGL you have antialiasing (temporarily disabled in D3D9).
Plugin: OGL
WD: 10
Other: If you don't have a Real Wiimote connected, use the emulated gamecube controller.

Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Wii)
Works good with the two plugins but... D3D9 makes the game look smother (I don't know why), but some particules have some kind of errors (black particules). OGL looks smother too but only with antialias you get the same pic that D3D9. But nothing to worry. Here you don't have any particules error because they don't appear in some stages (Pictochat, Delfino Plaza). Other gfx may occur ( thx James333 ).
Plugin: Any, OGL has antialias but D3D9 looks smother ( better framerate?). Until D3D9 is complete use OGL.
WD: 15
Other: If you don't have a Real Wiimote connected, use the emulated gamecube controller.

[color=#FF0000]If you think i'm wrong, discuss it here and post your game's plugin options (OGL/D3D9). [/color]
In SSBB the OGL have problems , see the thread to see what I'm talking about

http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/thread-26-...l#pid42963
what did i said....
did you noticed when you run or attack, sometimes or most of the time, nothing appears when you punch or something.
In D3D9 you'll see the effect but with some kind of black boxes arounds.
How many times are we going to talk about the same thing? We have had a few topics where we beat this topic to death already.
(10-06-2009, 06:49 AM)SS Starscream Wrote: [ -> ]How many times are we going to talk about the same thing? We have had a few topics where we beat this topic to death already.

this is to prevent nerds to come up and create more topics about the sames.

and other thing. if you don't have an opinion on-topic, next time think before you post, ok?
Actually, my post was thought-out very well before I hit the post button and I would do it again if the situation arose. But I suppose you're going after a sticky to have your name in lights at the top of the forum, right?
I don't know what do you mean with this, and I really don't care. I and other users are only registered on this forum to help other people to understand the basics and learn new stuff. Meanwhile some users and how it seems you are only here to mock newbies. This only brings a dark ambience to this forum.
But whatever. Stay in yours and i'll stay in mine.
(10-06-2009, 06:59 AM)ssbbtriforce Wrote: [ -> ]to prevent nerds...

And what are you; some kind of nerd-hater? *rolls eyes*
(10-06-2009, 08:37 AM)SoL1D Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-06-2009, 06:59 AM)ssbbtriforce Wrote: [ -> ]to prevent nerds...

And what are you; some kind of nerd-hater? *rolls eyes*

I dont hate nerd NERDS in the meaning of the work. I hate nerds like this:

[color=#0000CD]TUTORIAL TO ....
2nd: Put the file in your desktop.

Nerd: Huh What is a desktop?[/color]

or

[color=#FF0000]Nerd: I download Dolphin.zip but i can't open games with it.
Forum Helpers: Extract the files ( for god sake )[/color]

I don't hate them because 1/4 of me is computing nerd, BUT NOT LIKE THIS TWO EX.
I forgot something

[color=#FF0000]Nerd: I download Dolphin.zip but i can't open games with it.
Forum Helpers: Extract the files ( for god sake )
Forum Mocking people: Are you stupid, aren't you?[/color]
You should also say settings for different graphics cards

PS:
come on !

A nerd is totally the contrary Big Grin

And stop fighting , no fight viteh !
Pages: 1 2