Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Traversal Netplay "Failed To Connect" On LTE Tether
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

djbigmacmaster

So my internet is out and I'm tethering my phones unlimited lte with Foxfi to my pc via usb. The speeds are pretty good with like 30 Down but for some reason whenever I try to connect to someone on netplay via the stun.dolphin-emu.org:6262 traversal server it doesnt work and I get failed to connect, same thing if I try to host. The only way I am able to use netplay is if the person I'm playing with has port 2626 forwarded and hosts direct.

Is there any possible way I could get traversal working?
The traversal server isn't guaranteed to work on all routers. Using a USB Tether is probably one of those situations where they would block certain things like this.

If you want to use the traversal server, you can force a netplay listen port, port forward on that port, and then use the traversal server.

djbigmacmaster

(06-25-2016, 02:28 AM)JMC47 Wrote: [ -> ]The traversal server isn't guaranteed to work on all routers.  Using a USB Tether is probably one of those situations where they would block certain things like this.

If you want to use the traversal server, you can force a netplay listen port, port forward on that port, and then use the traversal server.

I wish I could port forward but I can't because I'm on lte theres no router interface or anything like that. Sad
I read this somewhere on the internet, but basically the way your phone connects to the internet and the way your landline internet connects use two separate protocols (something with a 3 for phones and something with a 2 for landlines). Do a Google search for it, that'll tell you more.