Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Going from 4.0-8329 to 5.0
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Generator22

Hi, I'm currently using Dolphin 4.0-8329, and it's not in "Add/Remove Programs" so I guess it's portable. Just heard about 5.0 and I'd like to know if I should just install it in the existing 4.0 folder (so I can keep my current settings) or if I should delete 4.0 and install 5.0 from scratch to be safe.
If you're using portable.txt, copy portable.txt and the User folder to the newly installed 5.0 folder and you're good to go. If you're not doing that and have no idea what that is, don't worry about it. That means that you're free to just install and run 5.0 without losing any settings or memory cards. (Savestates made in the old version will likely not work)

Generator22

(06-25-2016, 01:16 AM)Helios Wrote: [ -> ]If you're using portable.txt, copy portable.txt and the User folder to the newly installed 5.0 folder and you're good to go. If you're not doing that and have no idea what that is, don't worry about it. That means that you're free to just install and run 5.0 without losing any settings or memory cards. (Savestates made in the old version will likely not work)

Alright, thank you for your reply, Helios
Just don't install 5.0 in the same folder as 4.0-8329, as the dev builds aren't installed like the stable builds.