Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Optimizing Performance
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The highest settings I could use for SUPER SMASH BROS. Melee and still get 60 fps out of it is (using Direct3D), 1.5x Native Resolution (2x is fine in fights, but shows frame drops in menus, and higher ones are far too laggy to work with), 16x anisotropic filtering, and full-screen mode (my display's max resolution is 1600x900). That seems fine, but I'm very new to dolphin, so I'm asking if there's something else I can do to boost emulation quality while keeping 60fps.

Specs:
Manufacturer: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.
Model: ASUS Desktop PC M11BB Series
Processor: AMD A8-6500 APU with Radeon™ HD Graphics 3.50 GHz
Installed memory (RAM): 8.00 GB (7.20 GB usable)
System type: 64-bit Operating System, x64-based processor
Cores: 2
Logical Processors: 4

I should also mention that I'm using Dolphin 4.0-7840, for NetPlay and such.

Thanks again for the help.
other than making sure you're using a dev build, no.
(06-24-2016, 09:01 AM)Helios Wrote: [ -> ]other than making sure you're using a dev build, no.

Tornado9797 Wrote:I should also mention that I'm using Dolphin 4.0-7840, for NetPlay and such.
I squeezed this tidbit in a moment ago, but I think you replied before I put it in there. Thanks for the quick reply!
You can use Direct3d12 (Directx12) , if you're on Windows 10
DX12 is much faster than DX11 . Perhaps you could increase your internal resolution to 2x without slowdown
Or just buy a graphic card though it kinda defeats the purpose of having APU . I did it though , A10 6790k @ 5.0GHz + GTX 750 , the HD 8670D (A10's iGPU paired with 2133MHz RAM) is too slow . While GTX 750 can handle up to 4xIR , this thing only run at 2x or 2.5xIR
GTX 750 ti is faster than GTX 750 and you can find it around $100 on newegg or amazon
Edit :
Second option if your bios allow you to do it :
_Go to bios and disable AMD turbo core
_Set your CPU ratio = 41 ~ 4.1GHz (maximum turbo speed)
They're using the "netplay build" which I'm pretty sure is before D3D12 anyways.