Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Games depend on Wii Menu settings?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Lot of Wii games support Dolby Surround, the games don't include that option in the game menu, you must go to 
the Wii System Menu and select 'Surround' , if you don't have a Wii Menu installed, then maybe this option must be
added to the Audio configuration

I also noticed, in the Wii System menu settings, '  EDTV / HDTV (480p)' is grayed out,  is this a bug?  
(06-23-2016, 05:16 AM)Gir Wrote: [ -> ]Lot of Wii games support Dolby Surround, the games don't include that option in the game menu, you must go to 
the Wii System Menu and select 'Surround' , if you don't have a Wii Menu installed, then maybe this option must be
added to the Audio configuration

You can enable it in dolphin's audio settings (OpenAL only?)

(06-23-2016, 05:16 AM)Gir Wrote: [ -> ]I also noticed, in the Wii System menu settings,  '  EDTV / HDTV (480p)' is grayed out,  is this a bug?  

Do you have progressive scan enabled in dolphin's GFX settings? (dunno if that would even do anything)
(06-23-2016, 05:16 AM)Gir Wrote: [ -> ]I also noticed, in the Wii System menu settings, '  EDTV / HDTV (480p)' is grayed out,  is this a bug?  

That happens if you don't have a component cable inserted. To insert a virtual component cable, enable progressive scan in Dolphin's settings.
(06-23-2016, 05:26 AM)ExtremeDude2 Wrote: [ -> ]You can enable it in dolphin's audio settings (OpenAL only?)

I thought that only enables decoding surround sound in Dolphin without affecting what the game outputs.
(06-23-2016, 05:33 AM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]I thought that only enables decoding surround sound in Dolphin without affecting what the game outputs.

Tooltip says "Enables Dolby Pro Logic II emulation using 5.1 surround sound"

Now what that means I dunno.