Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Megaman 9 & 10 keep being blurry but getting crisp when opening up the graphics menu
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Juicebag85

Hi.

I'm playing Megaman 9 & 10 on my Dolphin Emulator (4.0-9489). The problem is, that the graphics are super blurry. I made all the configs to the specific game.ini that I they told me on the wiki page.

Now the strange thing. When I open up the game, the graphics are blurry. But when I open up the dolphins graphics menu, the blurryness disappears instantly and the graphics are absolutly crisp. I don't even have to change a single setting. I just have to open up the menu.

btw: it doesn't change anything if I edit the specific game.ini or not. The results are the same... Huh Huh

Now my question is, how can I fix it that I don't have to open up the graphics menu every time I play Megaman 9 or 10? Huh

Thank you! Heart
I'm guessing the game uses RealXFB in the INI, which would emulate more of the GameCube/Wii output pipeline. For a long time, VirtualXFB didn't work right in this game.

Opening the graphics menu is enough to override any default settings, you don't have to touch it.

Juicebag85

(06-23-2016, 01:07 AM)JMC47 Wrote: [ -> ]I'm guessing the game uses RealXFB in the INI, which would emulate more of the GameCube/Wii output pipeline.  For a long time, VirtualXFB didn't work right in this game.

Opening the graphics menu is enough to override any default settings, you don't have to touch it.

Thank you.
Sure. Opening up the graphics menu does solve the problem. But I wanted to know if I could also start the game without being forced to open up the graphics menu every time.
I know that one click isn't that big of a deal but I want to control everything just with my Xbox 360 Controller (I'm using Emulationstation as a graphical overlay). So I want to avoid to be forced to use the mouse. Smile
You could edit the config and remove the force RealXFB from it. I'll see if Virtual XFB is perfect and have someone change the default INI if you want.
I just checked and RealXFB isn't used. Now I'm confused. I'll try to figure out what it's doing.

Edit: It's scaled EFB. I wonder why it's disabling that. It sounds like there was some kind of rendering issue in the past.

Juicebag85

(06-23-2016, 01:34 AM)JMC47 Wrote: [ -> ]Edit:  It's scaled EFB.  I wonder why it's disabling that.  It sounds like there was some kind of rendering issue in the past.

Ok cool. Thank you!

But what am I supposed to do now? I'm really sorry but I'm quite new to the dolphin emulator. Sad
Should I change the EFBScale in the specific gameini (right click your iso, select properties, click the edit config button and edit the empty text file that pops up)?

And which value should I chose?

Edit: Ok got it by myself. It was:
[Video_Settings]
EFBScale = -1

Thank you very much. Smile
We're going to change it by default too. Thanks for the report; we just forgot to change this game after the -1 feature was added Big Grin