Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Help with connecting Wiimote via Bluetooth on Windows 7.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Wii-mote: Bear with me, I bought a generic brand of Wii mote which apparently does not have a specific manufacturer.
Bluetooth Dongle: SMK Link Bluetooth 4.0 LE + EDR Nano Dongle

Hello, I'm sure this question has been asked countless times before but I've been having detection issues of my Wii mote connecting via Bluetooth to my Windows 7 PC. I've tried the built in Microsoft Bluetooth Stack, the blue tooth stack software that came with the dongle, as well as the Toshiba Stack as I've heard it works for most setups. Could my Bluetooth Dongle simply be incompatible with connecting my Wiimote? Or could the Generic Wii mote be the problem? Please, I would appreciate any help anyone can provide. Undecided
It's likely that the Wiimote isn't supported in Dolphin. Most third party Wiimotes don't work.
Yes, most of them just don't implement everything correctly as the original Wiimote. So you won't be able to find and use it at all on Windows… Actually, there's a way to make them work, but you need to use Linux.

Namenlos

(06-21-2016, 07:20 PM)leolam Wrote: [ -> ][…]Actually, there's a way to make them work, but you need to use Linux.

Can you point that out to me? I had no luck with the Linux BT stack too. As far as my information goes there is no adapter name broadcasted, and thus it is not found. But the WII doesn't care and the controllers work there. This could easily be wrong, I did not verify that claim.
You need to use this PR to make Dolphin detect third-party Wiimotes: https://github.com/dolphin-emu/dolphin/pull/3865 (if you could test and see if it works with your Wiimote, that'd be great)
I'd be interested in seeing this. I don't have any Third Party Wiimotes to test on it though.

Namenlos

This is interesting, I wasn't aware of LIAC and the possibilities with hcitool to discover those devices. It might take me some time, but I'll try to investigate this. Hopefully I get the build environment ready on tumbleweed without problems.

btw. It is really annoying that accounts get deleted without notice when inactive, this is the second time and my last post was April, a year ago.
This is happening to several people and I'm not sure if this is a known issue.
Thank you for the replies! So the general consensus is that the Wii mote might be the issue? Does everyone use the official Nintendo branded Wii mote as a rule of thumb to using the Wii mote for Dolphin?
Yes, only official Wii remotes work with Dolphin (without considering Linux and any possible future changes).
Pages: 1 2