Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: How much of a speed increase with 64bit?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm just wondering how much of a speed increase (if any) percent wise will I get if I decide to switch to 64bit? I've never really considered switching until now, now that I could use the extra speed. I am under the impression that the dolphin runs better in a 64bit environment. Can someone give some more info and insight on this? Thanks. Heart

Intel Core2Quad Q9550
GeForce 8800GTX
XP Pro 32bit
4gb DDR2 800
Creative X-Fi Extreme Gamer
i changed from vista 32bit to 7 64bit and i didn'tfeel the difference in the most of my games.
but i think it makes the games run smother with a better framerate. also tloztp works faster , ssbb and re uc. I've noticed also that i get less crashes with 7 64bit
The answer is stay 32-bit and just overclock your CPU a bit.
I get like 2-5 fps increase in some games. But don't expect too much of a increase.
I am using a laptop and 32 bit dolphin runs much faster (30 fps vs. 50 fps) when running in Ubuntu using Wine than 64 bit on Windows 7. I am guessing the cpu is being limited in 7 but I do have "High Performance" mode set in power settings so it's strange. Confused
I also got ~5 FPS more since i changed my OS from WinXP 32Bit to Win7 64Bit Big Grin