Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: PC Building
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

DeadlyDragon34740

I'm running an Intel-i7 Chip,32GiG RAM(which i know wont help much here) but i have two choices of graphics cards here
1:Nvidia Quadro FX3800, which runs OpenGL amazingly
2:Nvidia GeForce GT 640.

I'm mainly planning to play 4player games such as MarioKart and SmashBros Brawl for a lan we having,
which Graphics card would be better? Ive been reading that the d3d setting is 'faster' than using OpenGL but OpenGL is better with affects.
So which graphics would run more smoothly with which setting? And would i need to overclock?
Thank you. Big Grin.
Both card are low end . FX 3800 is based on Tesla architecture which is really old (2008) , this card only supports up to Directx10
There is two version GT 640 : GT 640 DDR3 and GT 640 GDDR5 . The GDDR5 is much better , double the memory bandwidth of DDR3 but cost higher
Both two versions of GT 640 are based on Kepler architecture which supports DX12 but limit at DX11.1 only
DX12 is up to 60% faster than DX11 .
Idk which i7 you are using but these cards will bottleneck your CPU for sure , especially at 1080p
Nowadays you can find GTX 750Ti for only $96 . It's based on Maxwell architecture which fully supports DX12 and it can handle up to 4xIR (2560x2112)
Tesla < Fermi < Kepler < Maxwell < Pascal:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...-_-Product

DeadlyDragon34740

Thank you, my only other option would be the gigabyte gv-r777oc-1gd rev2.0
But my system doesnt seem to like it very much, I'm guessing that it would do much better than the other two?
Idk about Gigabyte's naming scheme but if it's (AMD) HD 7770 then it should be much better than the two cards you listed
HD 7770 is 20% slower than GTX 750 Ti . If it's cheaper than GTX 750Ti ($96) then it's all good