Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Best settings for Mario Kart Wi on Dolphin 4.0?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What are the best settings for Mario Kart Wii on Dolphin 4.0? I've tried a lot of things but it always lags horrifically Sad
Specs:
Processor Intel® Core™ i7-6700HQ CPU @ 2.60GHz, 2592 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)
Nvidia Geforce GTX 950m
you could have any of 2-3 dozen i7 CPUs, and "NVIDIA GeForce GTX" only tells us that you have an nvidia card, but nothing else.
(06-20-2016, 11:43 AM)Helios Wrote: [ -> ]you could have any of 2-3 dozen i7 CPUs, and "NVIDIA GeForce GTX" only tells us that you have an nvidia card, but nothing else.
Where exactly can I find the specifics? The settings "about" tab gives me like no info
edit: i found some stuff
Processor Intel® Core™ i7-6700HQ CPU @ 2.60GHz, 2592 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)
Nvidia Geforce GTX 950m
Nice. That should be more than fine for Dolphin.

Since I have no idea what settings you have which I imagine are causing your problem, lets start clean. Assuming you're on the latest dev build:

lets reset your emulator and graphics settings. Controller settings will remain.

Close Dolphin, go to Documents > Dolphin Emulator > Config > Delete dolphin.ini and gfx.ini

Re-open Dolphin. From there, Go into Graphics > Enhancements

You only really need to play with Internal Resolution, Anti Aliasing and Ansiotropic Filtering. Set them to your preferences. Don't set Internal res above your native res. If you want supersampling, use SSAA instead.

Mario Kart should run fine, as well as pretty much every game.

Do note: Mario Kart will lag in menus. This is just due to something the game does in menus that is very hard to emulate correctly. The game itself should run fine once you mash through the menus and get to racing.
It's rendering a ton of videos at once, which is demanding to do. 6700 should get it more than full speed; my i5 3570K can do it on dualcore
Please download and use the latest development builds from our website: https://dolphin-emu.org/.
What settings do you guys recommend? I've been messing around with these settings and I'm still getting the same amount of jagged lag.
(06-20-2016, 03:57 PM)JMC47 Wrote: [ -> ]It's rendering a ton of videos at once, which is demanding to do. 6700 should get it more than full speed; my i5 3570K can do it on dualcore
And what does 6700 refer to? I'm pretty new to this.
Just a CPU model.
After messing around with the settings for like half an hour, I finally found the settings that makes nothing lag, even the menus dont lag. Thanks a bunch!