Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [GC] Battalion Wars
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Battalion Wars

Gamespot
If you're a fan of action strategy games, or are just looking for a military-style game that doesn't take itself too seriously, you won't go wrong picking up Battalion Wars.

* Charming art style
* Varied, 20-mission campaign
* Solid action strategy gameplay design.

[Image: battalion-wars-20050729114725332_640w.jpg]

Dolphin 4361 Settings
[attachment=1374]

Problems with Game

Duel Core must be turned off. If left on, you will see a Failed to load video frame in log and game will remain black. Direct 3D9 plugin works but has many graphical errors and runs at a really slow speed. Open Gl has a couple minor errors such as shooting the targets on first stage (See youtube video)

Dolphin RVN 4361 Gameplay Video
[color=#1E90FF]Battalion Wars Youtube Video[/color]
I remember this working well on dual core a while back. Must have been broken somehow.
Could be that I have the pal version and others were using the ntsc version? No idea. Game still runs mostly at fullspeed with it off.

dalek_derp

anyone knows what works better with this game ntsc or pal?
Hi there,
I'm not quite sure if problems belong in this forum/thread, but i don't know where else i should post.

I'm trying to run Battalion Wars with the settings posted above. It works great, but about 1 very laggy second after mission 1 starts (after the Cut Scene) the Game hangs. I've disabled Dual Core and since the game doesn't crash i don't get a exceptionfile.

I've tried the 4771 version and the 4798 version build by Orleans of the emulator.

PC:
Windows Vista 32-Bit
Intel core 2 duo T6400
ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4650

If you need any other information, just ask and i'll deliver it as soon as possible
I'll have to investigate for you. When I played through it I had to disable duel core on the svn used ( though it still ran at pretty much fullspeed). Have you tried using a save state to get past that spot with duel core mode off and switching back later?
as i said above, i disabled dual core. when i enable it, it crashes with a error message that says something like "emulated GPU desyncronized"

And thanks for the fast reply

EDIT: I found a Dolphin 4361 and it works, although its still a bit slow but better than nothing.
It work very well on 4638 with OGL:

http://backgamon.free.fr/ngc/info/B/g8wp01.htm
NTSC ver. not working on the last rev (4800) before finishing the loading of the first mission, goes down to 0 fps and stays there (60vps, 100% speed)

Edit -
Game loads on revisions before 4754
loads, but crashes after loading on revs before 4783
and doesnt load at all on other revs
ReEdit -
I convinced the internets to give me a PAL copy of the game, it works up to the first message from Betty inside the first mission, then freezes.
same here on Dolphin-x64-r5076
Pages: 1 2