Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Gamepad questions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Wolf88

Hey everyone. I've browsed on both google and these forums and haven't come across my answer, so I was hoping someone here could help Smile

I recently installed installed Dolphin (Build 3972) because I was hoping to play FF6: The After years. I got it installed, and I got all my settings setup, but when I start the game, my controls don't seem to function. I'm using the njoy v0.3 gamepad drivers and I've tried to configure both my Sixaxis and a normal Logitech PS2 type PC controller. I can get through the configuration without problem, but when I launch the game - Only my keyboard directional arrows function, and the a/b buttons seem to be my 1 and 2 keys. I'm not sure where it pulls this from, but I can't get it to kick this habit. Also, for some reason, my left/right arrows make it go up/down, and my up/down arrows make it go left/right. In theory, I guess I could play it like this, but it's really confusing to have my buttons inversed like this, and I was really hoping to use my gamepad. Does anyone know why this is happening, or what I can do to make my controls stick? I also tried removing the njoy.ini file so that I could erase all the old commands, and start fresh - but I keep receiving the same issue. Any help would be appreciated.