Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: DX 12 black lines
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi everyone, just updated to Windows 10 a few weeks ago. DX 12 improved a bit when playing it with my laptop. I mean certain games like Mario tennis has less stutters throughout the game. However, theres one big issue that I have not been able to solve, I looked at gameplay via DX 12 online and didnt see it happening to anyone else. Basically, whenever I go fullscreen with DX 12 theres a black line graphical glitch whenever anything moves on the screen most prominent in Mario sunshine where its unplayable. I tried all settings borderless fullscreen, crop, progressive scan none of it worked. From researching online and even this forum no one has actually came across this issue. I know DX 12 is still experimental but still no one else seems to have this issue. Used the latest dolphin builds even the ishiiruka
Make sure you add Dolphin to Nvidia game profile via Nvidia Control Panel , "prefer maximum performance Nvidia processor" is checked and use latest Nvidia driver
I tried Mario Tennis and Mario Sunshine with a similar laptop . I don't have any problem
Perhaps you should post your settings . my default settings for Dx12 are 3xIR, 16xAF , Aspect Ratio : Stretch to Windows , Texture Filtering on , "Store EFB copy to texture only" off , "Ignore format change" off , Texture Cache : medium
(06-19-2016, 01:21 AM)admin89 Wrote: [ -> ]Make sure you add Dolphin to Nvidia game profile via Nvidia Control Panel , "prefer maximum performance Nvidia processor" is checked and use latest Nvidia driver
I tried Mario Tennis and Mario Sunshine with a similar laptop . I don't have any problem
Perhaps you should post your settings . my default settings for Dx12 are 3xIR, 16xAF , Aspect Ratio : Stretch to Windows , Texture Filtering on ,  "Store EFB copy to texture only" off , "Ignore format change" off , Texture Cache : medium

Thanks for the reply. It is set on maximum power and I'm using the latest driver. It is very weird indeed why do I get all these blacklines. My settings are for Mario tennis DX 12, 3XIR no AA no AF, Aspect ratio force 16:9, Texture filtering on, Scale EFB copy, Store EFB copy to texture only" off , "Ignore format change" off I find less stuttering fromt his , Texture Cache : fast. Maybe Scale EFB copy is the culprit?
(06-19-2016, 01:21 AM)admin89 Wrote: [ -> ]Make sure you add Dolphin to Nvidia game profile via Nvidia Control Panel , "prefer maximum performance Nvidia processor" is checked and use latest Nvidia driver
Perhaps you should post your settings . my default settings for Dx12 are 3xIR, 16xAF , Aspect Ratio : Stretch to Windows , Texture Filtering on ,  "Store EFB copy to texture only" off , "Ignore format change" off , Texture Cache : medium

Even with the scale EFB off still no luck. black lines and screen tearing everywhere although I enabled vsync both in dolphin and nvidia control panel. Is GPU damaged or something?