Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: AR Codes do not work at all!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Yup it does, however the code tries to fix that. Normally the day / night cycle is 50% shorter, but now it should be only a few seconds shorter. I don't know if I mentioned it before, but increasing the FPS of a game basically causes the game to speed up in every aspect. Super Mario 64 can not simply be set to 60 FPS. The camera movement, Mario's speed, the music, the sounds, enemies, animations and basically everything else speeds up twice as fast.

The game goes for Ocarina of Time in some sense. Going from 20 to 30 FPS is a difference of 50%, so everything speeds up with almost 50%. Using a Hookshot takes 50% less time, thus reaching less far. Using a Deku Stick burns up 50% faster. Jumping causes Link to reach 50% less far (which has been fixed through) and this is only the start. In some cases it is much severe, such as entering a crawling hole as young Link which just freezes the game (which luckely the code takes care of by reverting temporary to 20 FPS). A lot of issues are fixed by temporary reverting to 20 FPS. In some cases the code does not detect it and you have to manually press Dpad-Up such when taking on a Deku Scrub. Bouncing a deku nut back to a Deku Scrub causes it to freeze. If so, just walk away, reseting him when out line of sight and retry in 20 FPS mode.

Expect all manner of timming issues when playing 30 FPS. As I said, it is still doable.
Pages: 1 2