Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Mayflash Gamecube adapter and Dolphin HELP!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
For the life of me I cannot get:

1 GameCube controller
1 Mayflash 4 port GameCube PC adapter
1 latest version of dolphin

to work correctly. I spend hours searching and configuring and then finally give up until I'm ready to try again later. I have repeated this process practically a dozen times.

I'm using:
Windows 10 Pro x64
MSI X99 motherboard
GTX Titan X SC
Intel i7-5960X 8 core 3.0 GHZ processor

I've had this working in the past and now it seems in watching YouTube videos that there is an extra step that has been added to download the drivers and run the driver detection application.

No matter how I install the vjoy drivers or whatever I have to install every time I follow a YouTube video to the letter, I just get this:
[Image: Capture_zps0an6spe5.png]

The device shows up successfully in device manager, and even works when configuring the controller in Dolphin (The input detects each button press/stick move). However, when trying to play A GAME (not referring to downloading any games specifically) the controls in A GAME do not work at all and none of the buttons work.

Please help. What am I doing wrong? I think if I can get this GameCube adapter software to work that might be what is needed, but I'm out of ideas on what to try. Thanks.
It sounds like you're going about this the wrong way, but let's ignore that for now. If it works when configuring the controller in Dolphin, it should work while playing a game, as long as that game supports the controller type. Which game are you trying to play? Can you post a screenshot of the Controllers window?
(06-18-2016, 02:30 AM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]It sounds like you're going about this the wrong way, but let's ignore that for now. If it works when configuring the controller in Dolphin, it should work while playing a game, as long as that game supports the controller type. Which game are you trying to play? Can you post a screenshot of the Controllers window?

It's the Legend of Zelda the Wind Waker for Nintendo Gamecube and I am using an original Nintendo Gamecube Controller.
Here is the controller I'm using:
[Image: 20160617_160232%201_zpsurma0oyn.jpg]
Standard Controller:
[Image: config%201_zpsjl4dinsg.png]
Wii U Adapter:
[Image: config%202_zpsblmrortr.png]
Don't use the vjoy drivers, put the adapter in wii u mode and follow this:

https://dolphin-emu.org/docs/guides/how-...ter-wii-u/
(06-18-2016, 09:10 AM)ExtremeDude2 Wrote: [ -> ]Don't use the vjoy drivers, put the adapter in wii u mode and follow this:

https://dolphin-emu.org/docs/guides/how-...ter-wii-u/

I tried this. I open the Zadig tool and WUP never appears in the dropdown menu no matter how many times I plug the adapter in.

This is what i see while the adapter is plugged in when i try to use this and the drop down is blank.
[Image: Capture_zpsinnwwqul.png]
Ok I re-followed the Zadig directions and got that part to work. Dolphin still doesn't recognize the adapter. What next?
"With any necessary installation complete, run Dolphin, and check Direct Connect under GameCube Adapter in the Controller Settings, then restart Dolphin."

I can't seem to find Direct Connect anywhere in Dolphin.

[Image: Capture_zpse31ltbyh.png]
OMFG, it's working now. However, question. It's only running at 30 FPS. My monitor should be able to achieve 60-75. How do I set the FPS to this?
The game was made to run at 30 FPS.