Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: GC Pad Plugin Bug
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello. Before I start I would like briefly mention that I attempted to sign into the Bug Tracker website located *here* so I can create a bug report but was unsuccessful.

Anyway, I'd like to report a bug. The force feedback effects in steering wheel mode(which emulates the Logitech SpeedForce Wheel) for the GameCube controller plugin are reversed, even when setting the slider to -100 in the Rumble Motor menu. This is with all effects, *including* Constant. Developer SkidAu made a change in the GameCube pad plugin to fix this very same issue about three years ago, but looks like those changes have been reverted in one of the branches following his fix. Can someone please post this under "Issues" in the bug tracker webpage, so that SkidAU can take a look at it please?
Hello. I have placed this issue on the bug tracker page:

https://bugs.dolphin-emu.org/issues/9605

Now for an an update but first allow me to go into more detail explaining the crux of this issue.....When dev SkidAU implemented this feature in version 3.5-409, it contained what's called an FFB "slider" that, when adjusted a certain way, allowed force effects to be delivered in an opposite direction for those of us who owned steering wheels that suffered from reverse FFB forces.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B227zJw...sp=sharing

Now, that slider is broken and does not reverse the forces regardless of where you set it.

Fortunately, I have narrowed down the exact build that breaks proper force feedback for steering wheel mode. It is Version 3.5-1512 from June 25th, 2013. This specific version can be found at the bottom on the page **HERE** and next to it is a notation that reads "InputCommon: Split Device stuff out". As you can see, there is no windows version so you must download the next one above which is 3.5-1513.  Version 3.5-1512 breaks force feedback completely, meaning there is *NO* FFB delivered to any steering wheels at all. This remains that way until version 3.5-1515. In build 3.5-1515, force feedback is re-enabled but suffers from the issue I mention above, where the force feedback slider is rendered completely ineffective. Whatever change the developer made related to him "Splitting the device stuff out" broke the output slider that SkidAU implemented. I will be passing this along to SkidAU but in the meantime if the developer who made that change three years ago reads this, please sir, can you please reverse whatever you did to break force feedback steering wheel support for GameCube games?

Thanks for listening guys and keep up the good work.
Thanks for finding what made it not work. Could you post that as a comment on your issue on the bug tracker? It's much easier for things to get forgotten when they're only in forum threads.